Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lory's Colourful Quilt

I was honored to be asked to quilt this masterpiece! It was designed by Jacqueline de Jonge and the book is called "Be Colourful, The Colourful Quilt".
Lory is a masterful piecer! For all it's curves and contortions, the quilt was perfectly flat!

I quilted much of the background with teeny pebbles to mimic the print of the fabric.
Then it was a matter of deciding what to quilt and what to leave alone for textural contrast.
Lory included tons of great batiks. And notice all the gradations. It will be a wonderful wall quilt!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    I saw these beautiful pictures on your blog. I was wondering did you make this awesome quilt? If so, do you want to share these pics on my facebookpage? Pictures like this will inspire a lot of quilters :)
    Kind regards, Jacqueline de Jonge - Becolourful
    www.facebook.com/becolourfulquilts

    ReplyDelete